Fee Protection Service
HMRC is working hard to collect more revenue than ever before. Last year it generated £26.6 billion from compliance activity. This figure is set to rise to £27 billion over the next 12 months as HMRC strive to reach compliance targets through increased investigations coming from both full and aspect enquiries.
Our Tax Investigations Service is fully backed by an Insurance Policy, which we have taken out with
Fee Protection of up to £75,000 is provided in the event of:
Full and Aspect Enquiries into:
Corporation Tax Returns;
Partnership Tax Returns;
Sole Trader Tax Returns;
Personal Tax Returns.
Employer Compliance (PAYE, P11D and NIC);
Code of Practice 8 enquiries (£5,000 limit of indemnity) and Inheritance Tax enquiries (£5,000 limit of indemnity)
HMRC use of Information and Inspection Powers/Sch. 36 Pre Disputes in respect of:
VAT control visits;
Employer Compliance Visits;
Check of Employer Records;
National Minimum Wage reviews;
Requests for information;
Capital Gains Tax.
- Fees incurred prior to the written acceptance of a claim;
- HMRC Specialist Investigations, Civil Investigations of Fraud, Criminal Investigations Sections, Fraud Investigation Service, Counter Avoidance Sections and Code of Practice 9 cases;
- Returns submitted more than 90 days after the due date;
- Notification by HMRC of any of the above prior to subscribing to the service;
- Failure to notify/register for tax or VAT;
- Compliance costs associated with routine submission of statutory returns and costs for third party valuations;
- Enquiries and Disputes following a voluntary disclosure of irregularities made to HMRC;
- Where there is no reasonable prospect of challenging HMRC (VAT, PAYE and IR35 Disputes);
- Tax planning arrangements where HMRC have allocated a DoTAS Number and/or bespoke tax planning arrangements outside of the normal trade.
In the event a client suffers an investigation, we will represent you and reclaim any costs incurred in dealing with the Enquiry directly from the insurance company. The practice will be responsible and have the discretion for making claims under our Policy. Clients will be responsible for any fees that we cannot recover from our Insurers.
Business legal helpline – 24-hour, 365 days a year
Employment, health and safety, and business legal advice
As an additional benefit of subscribing to the Service, business clients receive unlimited access to a business legal helpline. This is a 24-hour, 365 day a year telephone advice service staffed by an experienced team of more than 50 barristers and solicitors. The helpline provides a wide range of companies and organisations with commercial, employment and health and safety advice.
There are many areas within a business which, if not handled correctly, can take a substantial amount of resources to resolve. The legal advisors will be at hand to provide you with details of the relevant and current legislation in respect of any guidance you may need on matters including:
Small claims court procedures;
Dealing with complaint letters (asserting rights);
Dealing with statutory demands.
Employment legislation can be a minefield and an incorrect decision could put your business into turmoil. Therefore, the helpline offers advice on matters including:
Appraisal and disciplinary procedures.
Health & Safety Advice
Most businesses are required by law to undertake a full health and safety risk assessment of their premises and business procedures. In the event of accidents, businesses could be involved in a civil claim for compensation and there could also be criminal prosecutions resulting in fines and even imprisonment. You may receive advice on:
Undertaking health and safety assessments;
Correct procedures in the workplace;
Understanding new legislation.
For more information call us on 0151 346 2020 or visit our contact page using the link below.